Thursday, October 29, 2009

Working from Home takes discipline

I work from home, and it can be challenging. I babysit a two year old, perform accounting and payroll for clients, and freelance for Examiner, Demand Studios and other sites. I have been letting my blogs slide. Try chasing a two year old between calculating and trying to formulate a thought!

I found an article in my email this morning. I subscribe to several newsletters in an attempt to remain in contact with the world, and gain knowledge. The article is 10 Tips to Make Working from Home More Productive,

This article contained great information. Some items I knew, but didn't practice. I only tracked my time when I was doing client accounting work, but it's makes sense to track how long it takes to research and write my articles. One article really can take 4 or 5 hours.

When I write for Parenting Teens, I don't want to through out the same old stuff. Some of what I find is a little verbage, and a lot of advertisement. Some just repeats what others say. I want to give new information to readers.

Working from home is okay. Learning to control time, remain productive, and maintain a semblence of work hours, with start and stop times, is a little harder to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment